Think B4U Work
Switch On Lock Off
As part of our ongoing commitment to keeping you safe in the workplace, we are happy to announce the next part of our Think B4U Work safety series - Switch On Lock Off. Aiming to increase awareness and discussion around making electrical apprentices aware of the importance of correct isolation practices.
Your 'Think B4U Work' Strategy - Switch On Lock Off
- Fully identify each circuit relating to the task.
- Isolate the supply.
- Lockout and tag out. Attach a danger tag for each worker involved in the task,
consider the use of isolation padlocks.
- Confirm Isolation. Apprentices should question work practices if in doubt.
- Do the task safely and only reinstate the supply after each worker removes their
own Danger Tag.
Your 'Think B4U Work' Switch On Lock Off Flyer & Questionnaire
Prevent Soft Tissue Injuries
As part of our ongoing commitment to keeping you safe in the workplace, we are happy to announce the next part of our Think B4U Work safety series - Prevent Soft Tissue Injuries. Aiming to increase awareness and discussion around four of the most common types of injuries experienced by our apprentices, this segment builds on the previously released 'Keep Your Hands Safe' segment.
Your 'Think B4U Work' Strategy
- Do a thorough pre-start Risk Assessment before starting work
- Specifically consider manual task hazards
- Adopt safe work practices
- Use mechanical assistance to minimise the physical impact on your body
Prevent soft tissue injuries: Move and lift the safe way
- Warm up
- Get assistance for heavy lifts
- Brace yourself
- Avoid repetitive movements
- Regularly pause to stretch and re-set tendons, ligaments and muscles
- Correctly size up loads and where you're carrying them
- Minimise lifting above the shoulders
Complete the Think B4U Work test: Ensure you are safe at work, by completing the test click here.