82 - Heat Stress Awareness
18 December 2019
Did you know?
- Workers in very hot environments can lose up to 1 litre of fluid every hour
- Heatstroke is fatal in up to 80% cases
- Heat kills more Australians than any natural disaster
- Record-breaking temperatures are becoming more common in Australia
Top tips for heat stress management
- Regularly drink cool water, not ice-cold water
- Take regular breaks
- Avoid caffeine
- Reduce time spent doing work activities in the heat, e.g. job rotation or work during the cooler part of the day
Know the symptoms of heat stress
For further information regarding this Safety Alert, please contact EGT on (08) 6241 6100 or speak with your Field Officer.