The recruitment process at EGT is both specialised and competitive.
There are 3 Stages to EGT’s Recruitment Process to target an applicant’s suitability to the trade, to our organisation and respond to the electrical and communications industry needs.
EGT Recruitment Process:
Stage 1: EGT Pre-Selection Test Assessments
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend EGT’s Pre-Selection Assessments consisting of the following at EGT
- Hand Skills Assessment (approx 2 hours); and/or
- Information Session and Group Interview (approx 30 minutes)
Please note: applicants may be required to attend a 20 minute one on one interview.
Be prepared for your EGT Interview!
- Research the company.
- Dress the part (the hand skills assessment is in a workshop environment so closed shoes are essential)
- Punctuality matters
- Prepare for common interview questions
- Be ready to ask questions of your own
Stage 2: EGT Pre-Employment Program
- Should you be shortlisted after Stage1 you will be invited to attend the EGT Pre-Employment Program which will run for 2 consecutive days, and will consist of
- Submission of applicants drug and alcohol screen results
- Basic OHS Practices
- Electrician's Training Licence Assessment
- Hand Skills Assessments
Should you successfully complete EGT's Pre-Employment Program, EGT may present you with an offer of employment.
Stage 3: EGT Induction
- The EGT Induction is 2 and a half days. Induction consists of:
- Employment paperwork
- Presentations from EGT staff and service providers
- Hand Skills practice
After your induction you will be ready to be placed with an EGT Host Employer.
Tips for applying for an Apprenticeship:
- Complete all sections of your application form in full and provide as much relevant details as possible
- Upload all the documents required for your application (e.g. National Police Certificates, Readiness Assessment Certificate, Colour Vision Certificate, Licences, Permits and Year 12 WACE Certificate (if applicable)
- If you have completed a course or qualification, upload a copy of your academic record etc. as evidence
- Remember a job application is the first impression an employer has of you.
If you have any queries please fill out our query form and we will respond to you as soon as possible.