Mandatory and Additional Training
It is a requirement that all electrical apprentices meet industry standards and undertake specialised training throughout their apprenticeship.
It is expected that over the duration of a 4 year apprenticeship, apprentices will be trained in the following:
- Elevating Work Platform (inc Scissor Lift)
- Working Safely at Heights
- Prevention of Electrical Incidents 1
- Prevention of Electrical Incidents 2
- Checking and Testing an Electrical Installation
EGT apprentices are also encouraged to surpass industry standards and have the opportunity to undertake additional specialised training, providing added value to the Host Employer at no additional cost.
Additional qualifications are available in the following:
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- ACMA Optical Fibre Cabling