The recruitment process at EGT is both specialised and competitive.
EGT’s Recruitment Process is to target an applicant’s suitability for the trade, to our organisation and respond to the electrical and communications industry needs.
EGT Recruitment Process:
- Register your interest today
- Upload your resume
- An SMS will be sent to successful applicants to complete Online Application Form
Tips for applying for an apprenticeship:
- Complete all sections of your application form in full and provide as many relevant details as possible
- Upload all the documents required for your application e.g. National Police Certificates, Readiness Assessment Certificate, Colour Vision Certificate, Licences, Permits and Year 12 WACE Certificate (if applicable)
- If you have completed a course or qualification, upload a copy of your academic record etc. as evidence
- Remember a job application is the first impression an employer has of you
- Read our Adult Apprenticeship Policy below
Click here to view our Adult Apprentice Policy.
An interview will be required if you have been previously indentured.
Be prepared for your EGT Interview!
- Research the company.
- Dress the part
- Punctuality matters
- Prepare for common interview questions
- Be ready to ask questions of your own
EGT Pre-Employment Assessment
Should you be shortlisted you will be invited to attend the EGT Pre-Employment Assessment which will run for 2 consecutive days and will consist of
- Submission of applicants drug and alcohol screen results
- Basic OHS Practices
- Electrician's Training Licence Assessment
- Hand Skills Assessments
Should you successfully complete EGT's Pre-Employment Assessment, EGT may present you with an offer of employment.
The EGT Induction is 2 and a half days. Induction consists of:
- Employment paperwork
- Presentations from EGT staff and service providers
- Hand Skills practice
After your induction, you will be ready to be placed with an EGT Host Employer.
If you have any queries please fill out our query form and we will respond to you as soon as possible.